Good habits are important in helping prevent the spread of all respiratory illnesses.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze – then throw
- Clean your hands often with soap and water or alcohol-based hand gels
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- If you get the flu, stay home. This will help prevent others from catching your illness.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth as much as possible
- Get regular exercise and eat healthy balanced meals.
- Get your flu shot.